Monday 29 June 2015

Reflection 9 - Practicing Digital Responsibility

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsandiego.wordcamp.org%2F2011%2Fsponsor%2Fpolldaddy%2F&ei=Yq6RVZd2hLfIBIjIv9gG&bvm=bv.96783405,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNEiWt40npT1RN9yKAOSdV8P8_EXPg&ust=1435697112851584


What did you learn/notice in your exploration of VoiceThread or PollDaddy? How will these tools be useful in your educational activities?

When exploring PollDaddy, I discovered that it is a fun, interesting way to get a large group of peoples' opinion on a single question. I really enjoy taking quizzes and polls, and this will be a great site to create some of my own. Many times for presentations I'm trying to find ways to get the class involved, and I think this will be an amazing tool to get people thinking and discussing. The only downside I seemed to notice is that you can't have multiple poll questions in one location, all of the questions have their own location, and that makes things tedious.

I must say I did not enjoy using VoiceThread. For twenty minutes I kept trying to record my answer to the slides and every time my voice wouldn't come through. So when I finally gave up and decided to just answer in text, the text box covered the slide, and I couldn't refer back to the question on the slide. VoiceThread just seems like a giant PowerPoint website where people can make comments, and I can't see myself using it going forward.





How could you add this to your PLE? Will you? How do these collective knowledge building tools support a PLN?

I would add PollDaddy under the Create tab of my PLE because I'm creating content online and am able to begin a discussion. I can be part of my PLN because I'm able to send my poll question to friends and followers via Facebook, Twitter, Wikis, and many more sites. 
http://moodle.cca.edu/pluginfile.php/19/mod_forum/post/515/VoiceThread%20logo.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found them useful ! for that week's session I couldn't find a reason to add them to my updated PLE but i did notice that they would be beneficial for online courses, or even a substitute for seminars. Instead of holding seminars we could just use these and create a well formulated post.

    ReplyDelete